May 20, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY - A DYSTOPIAN WORLD BUT STILL PULLS YOU.


About the Novel:


"The Hunger Games trilogy is told from the perspective of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, a girl who lives in “District 12,” one of the (formerly) 13 districts that make up the nation known as “Panem.” Panem is essentially what is left of the continent of North America in the future, after the current world has been destroyed. It also has a Capitol, a rich and luxurious city by comparison to all the districts, that exudes power over the entire nation. To punish the districts for a previous rebellion, the Capitol forces one boy and one girl from each of the remaining 12 (the 13th was destroyed during the rebellion) to participate in the “Hunger Games” each year. The Games are televised for the entire nation to see. Its participants, called “tributes,” must fight to the death in a dangerous arena until only one remains. When the annual event arrives yet again and the names are chosen, the last person Katniss expects to be called is Prim. Shocked, her first instinct as protective older sister is to take Prim's place and join the games, risking her life and the welfare of her family that depend upon her ability to hunt in order to survive.
Her journey brings her into a tangle of lies, deceptions, politics, love, and violence. And books take off from there." - courtesy : http://www.eatingbender.com/2012/03/20/book-review-the-hunger-games-trilogy-by-suzanne-collins/




My Experience:

Well, The Hunger Games is officially my first book, from Amazon Kindle and to be read in my Ipod Touch. Since i got some good reviews for the book, I felt that i should give a shot, as I'm one of those who would dive down and get myself lost in some fantasy world by a book more than a movie.

At first, I just felt the book was good. And then, the pace picked up and I never got to think outside of the book. I went right into the fantasy world, felt the emotions of the protagonist Katniss, fell in love with the sweet character of Peeta. Trust me, You could feel more than one emotion in the course of the book, anger hatred love jealousy funny sympathy, etc. though it has parts of some extreme gore and violence which arouses your own anger and violence at times.

When I finished the first book, all i could say about it was "not bad". But the next day, I found myself thinking much of the fantasy world, which made me buy the other two books and which i finished in the next consecutive nights.

Addictive was the word.

More than the fantasy fiction thing, I liked the way it drags us into the game, clouds us even after the book is closed and the way it makes us think about the details even after hours of completion of the trilogy.
The third book, Mockingjay, was my favourite personally.

The whole complete trilogy, an awesome read. Worth an experience.

No comments: